Basis State finds acquirers and acquisition targets for the sub-scale software market. We were founded in 2019 focused on the belief that significant strategic value exists in the people and IP in sub $2M ARR companies. Almost all of our client companies are VC-backed.
The Client Manager owns project management and communication between clients and acquirers during the execution phase of each engagement. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with ambitions in venture capital, private equity, or M&A as you will have high visibility at the intersection of these areas.
This role will be our first full-time/permanent hire outside the founding team. To be successful you will need to be organized, diligent, and adaptable to a quickly changing team and environment. As our team and business grow, you will be expected to evolve and grow beyond the responsibilities listed below.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring steps in execution phase occur as scheduled
- Being the primary contact for our clients during this phase, providing regular updates and fielding questions on progress
- Preparing and tracking outreach to prospective acquirers.
- Supporting Basis State partners in new client prospecting
You will use:
- Your ability to manage clients and projects
- Your willingness to learn new processes and devise process improvements
You will gain:
- An array of connections in venture capital, private equity, and tech entrepreneurship
- Hand-on experience in an entrepreneurial environment and the work required to create a scalable business
- Better understanding of what creates success in a tech start-up and where some businesses will struggle to achieve success
- Better understanding of how acquisitions close and are valued in a market with few transactions and a lack of common metrics
- Management skills as you own significant processes within our business and guide both internal and external resources to hit our targets
- Client Success, Finance, or Marketing background
- Experience in a small company or startup environment
- Experience in tech or Software as a Service
- College Degree and 2-4 years of experience