Client Manager: Full-Time / Permanent / Remote
Basis State finds acquirers and acquisition targets for the sub-scale software market. We were founded in 2019 focused on the belief that significant strategic value exists in the people and IP in sub $2M ARR companies. Almost all of our client companies are VC-backed.
The Client Manager owns project management and communication between clients and acquirers throughout the engagement. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with ambitions in venture capital, private equity, or M&A as you will have high visibility at the intersection of these areas.
To be successful you will need to be organized, diligent, and adaptable to a quickly changing team and environment. As our team and business grow, you will be expected to evolve and grow beyond the responsibilities listed below.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Owning the the relationship with clients throughout the project, providing regular updates and fielding questions on progress
- Holding internal owners accountable to ensure project meets published deadlines
- Creating acquisition framework, identifying use cases, and researching potential acquirers
- Leading calls with clients to better understand their business
- Leading calls with potential acquirers to answer initial questions about our clients
You will use:
- Your ability to manage your time and resources across multiple clients
- Your willingness to learn new processes and devise process improvements
You will gain:
- An array of connections in venture capital, private equity, and tech entrepreneurship
- Hand-on experience in an entrepreneurial environment and the work required to create a scalable business
- Better understanding of what creates success in a tech start-up and where some businesses will struggle to achieve success
- Better understanding of how acquisitions close and are valued in a market with few transactions and a lack of common metrics
- Management skills as you own significant processes within our business and guide both internal and external resources to hit our targets
- Client Success, Finance, or Marketing background
- Experience in a small company or startup environment
- Experience in tech or Software as a Service
- College Degree and 2-4 years of experience